2. The jealous glares do amaze me now and then, but doesn’t matter anymore. Koi nahi, pay package aur brand value hazam honey mein thoda time to lagega hi 🙂 😛 More so when they asked for that all out war while shouting from the rooftops. But truly speaking, I am at peace with myself. And nothing makes me happier than that.
3. That reminds me. I love to stay happy. My friends often compliment me (at least I count it to be a compliment) as “being high on life”. True. I really dont need to take refuge to alcoholic drinks or smoking for that matter to get that high. I don’t have nay issues with people who drink or smoke, but somehow I still prefer my glass of “coca cola on the rocks” 😛 in parties.
4. Have lately taken a lot of interest in learning Continental dishes. I have learnt quite a bit of Indian sabzi daal and stuff by now. Have to learn ‘amish’ (non vegetarian) cooking though. But I am trying to pick up Italian and stuff from my friends who are really good at it. And guess what? I suppose I can cook a proper Italian meal now for the people who matter 🙂 Learnt how to make mouthwatering Pasta (the red sauce variety), Sauteed Mushrooms and the mashed potato with garlic and milk. They tasted nice. Considering I know how to make Pizzas already, the Italian thing is quite a deal now I suppose :D. What next? may be lasagna 🙂 and obviously chitol macher muithya which I have been trying to learn for quite some time now. I love to cook. It’s therapeutic.
5. Have been reading this book called “The red Carpet” by Lavanya Sankaran. Considering that bookstores do sell it within the same bracket of a few books titled “Anything for you ma’am”, “Oh! shit, not again”, “Ofcourse I love you, until I find some one better”- I was obviously apprehensive (am even more apprehensive of the people who consider themselves literary enthusiasts after reading the above mentioned books and go ga ga over them- nothing personal against anybody, you might find my “Sesher Kobita”. “Uaccustomed Earth”, “A suitable Boy”, “Hamlet” or “Angels and Demons” boring too…but it’s just a personal take). But coming back to the point that is…I like the book…and the author. She is good…very different from the cult that she is being promoted as a part of. She writes about Bangalore….I quite liked the place, the one single time I visited it….but the very bong Calcutta (and to some extent Sunu Da’s GK II and it’s proximity to CR Park neighbourhood) enthusiast me also found it a very endearing and honest effort. Some day I would love to do a similar anthology on “Calcutta”. There might be thousands of them…because “ei shahor janey amar prothom sobkichu”…but it will be the stories I want to tell 🙂
6. It’s the last two day weekend in college. The remaining will have working Saturdays….somehow, the five years, though they didn’t just pass by like that, was quite a journey. A journey that made women out of girls. 🙂
5 thoughts on “Nuggets and more.”
Welcome to the real world!
Anthology on Calcutta!!! Wonderful it would be 🙂
Congratulations on the transition to the real world, which will invariably be fun and interesting at times and extremely frustrating at other times. But it will be one hell of a roller-coaster ride 🙂 All the Best!
lasagna bollei amai monica geller er kotha mone pode…..neways awesome post as usual…..u can try out making rissoto among italian foods…..unaccustomed earth eo prochur rissoto r refernce chilo
Like coke on the rocks… refreshing but no hangover 🙂